French Editor & Content Manager
Barnebys Group AB is the world’s leading eco-system for art, antiques and collectibles throughout the value chain. We are now looking to grow our business even further and are seeking top talent to join our team.
We are looking for a native French-speaking Editor and Content Manager covering the French Market to join our team in London, UK or Stockholm, Sweden, reporting into the Managing Editor for Barnebys in London.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Writing original and inspirational articles for the French Barnebys Magazine
- Monitoring and writing about breaking news in the industry
- Translating articles for the French Barnebys Magazine
- Translating content to improve the quality of the Barnebys Group brands in French-speaking countries
- Curating and updating the French Magazine homepage
- Designing the layout and creating content for weekly newsletter send-outs
- Working with our content management system and other online tools
- Coordinating with the Sales department and managing sponsored content
- Handling the FR social media platforms
- Keeping up with statistics and tracking the French Magazine's performance
- Assisting on any ad-hoc tasks to support the editorial team and maximise the impact of the French content
Who You Are:
- Have excellent writing and communication skills in French (native level)
- Have a professional proficiency in English
- Have 2-3 years’ experience working in content and/or the art and auction industry
- Enjoy everything from writing about museum openings to strange things at auction and emerging artists, as well as promoting upcoming sales
- Are comfortable writing with a brief and follow content guidelines
- Can translate content from English to French and vice versa
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills
- Can handle deadlines in accordance with a demanding high season in the industry
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Willing to learn how to work with online tools and softwares (publishing tools, CMS, emailing platform, Photoshop etc.)
- Enjoy being given autonomy and working in a small team
We are looking for candidates based in London or Stockholm. The company currently operates with a hybrid working model, with a week spilt between remote working and some days in the office.
Founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2011, we have established our business globally and operate in 7 different countries (US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain) with offices in the US and the UK. Our clients include the world’s top tier of auctioneers, antique dealers, galleries as well as regional and local businesses. We offer a search service with 600,000+ items for sale, an extensive database of auction results, a top-of-the line valuation service, and a white label auction and gallery system.
The Barnebys editorial team is a tight-knit team producing content in 6 different languages, with articles ranging from in-depth explorations of a topic to market trends, news, How Tos and more. Strategy, creativity and eye-catching content are key to what we do and collaborating with other departments is crucial to us to further improve the quality and visibility of the Barnebys Group brands.
We are proud of our culture. It is a huge part of what makes us successful. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully.
Why join Barnebys?
Our people and our productsWe love what we do. Our people are our best asset and teamwork is the core of our culture. We support and inspire each other to create meaningful and sustainable products that really makes a difference.
Our teamWe enjoy working in central locations no matter if you work in our Stockholm, New York or London office. We love being international and hanging out with colleagues around the world.
Our freedom and flexibilityWe offer autonomy in our work, the flexibility to work from home or flex working hours that goes with your daily life. You will have time to walk your dog, water your plants or perhaps play some videogames.
Our OfferWe offer competitive salaries and benefits, flexibility, and lots more to come!
French Editor & Content Manager
Loading application form
Already working at Barnebys?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.