We are seeking an assiduous, commercially minded and focused Account Manager who will support our new & existing clients once they have joined Barnebys. This is a very commercial role; 70% of our sales come from up sell and expansion opportunities driven by the account management team. You will also be responsible for rapidly understanding each client’s business requirements and driving them to realise a fast Time to Value from their investment in Barnebys as efficiently as possible.
In this role, you will work directly with the sales team to deliver technical demonstrations and on-boarding implementation. In addition to up sell, you will be responsible for client retention & renewals. To be successful in this role you will lead customer success initiatives, keep the company focused on customer outcomes and play a central role in directing the future of the product.
What you’ll do
- Drive retention and growth among our most valuable customers by understanding their business needs and helping them succeed
- Work closely with Sales to support pilot customers so that the clients gain value from the platform as soon as possible, also collaborate with sales for renewals and expansion opportunities
- Manage day-to-day communication, answer questions, and solve issues
- while coordinating work with the Sales Manager to maximise revenue for customers and the business
- Maintain a cadence of communicating with customers to deliver world-class service, ensure maximised use of our service, long term retention, and mine opportunities for deeper engagement
- Set expectations with our clients as to what is operationally possible and actively work to retain them
- Design and continually improve processes and materials that enhance efficiency and customer experience during on-boarding
- Identify opportunities for customers to act as Barnebys advocates (e.g. testimonials, case studies)
- Represent the voice of the customer to gather quantitative and qualitative insights that can drive sale process and product improvements
- Complete frequent portfolio reviews to add value to service
- Work closely with our CRM system, salesforce.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years in an account manager, customer success manager, or similar role
- B2B enterprise sales experience
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organised, collaborative and detail oriented
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, while working to mitigate churn and drive engagement and renewals
- Ability to work in a wide range of tech programs that support our business
- Ability to adapt communication style to a number of different audiences
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with ability to manage priorities and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a demanding and fast-paced environment
Why join the team?
In addition to extensive training and development plans, here are some of
the other benefits we offer;
- Great vacation benefits
- Private healthcare coverage
- Flexible work from home set up
- Access to a central New York office
Barnebys Group AB is the world’s leading eco-system for art, antiques and collectibles throughout the value chain. Founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2011, we have established our business globally with offices in the US, UK, France, Spain and Germany. Our clients include the world’s top tier of auctioneers, antique dealers, galleries as well as regional and local businesses. We offer a search service with 600,000+ items for sale, an extensive database of auction results, a top of the line valuation service, and a white label auction and gallery system. We are now looking to grow our business even further and are seeking top talent to join our team.
We are proud of our culture, as it is a huge part of what makes us successful. We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully.